Skip to main content

SCARIEST thing on Halloween (or every other month)


The scariest thing on Halloween month is not ghost, devil-carved pumpkin, or the "boo" sound your siblings do behind you when you are not noticing.

It's your FIRST time.

Before you go off and think this is about 18+ content, I can assure you that...

... this is exactly...

... nope...

I'm not gonna tell you now.

It's up to you to find out whether this is all about debauchery, 69, or Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-imitation...

... by reading this article.

If not, feel free to click the 'X' button on that tab and CIAO!

(plus, no one is going to read this, except ME, MYSELF & I)

(maybe I will regret it 10 years later? but who CARES? As someone said, "Let the future you worry about your future problem!")

Okay, this is a BIG detour. What did I say again?

Yup, the scariest thing on this planet, huh...

Here's the list I may (or may not) experience:

The first time you get scolded...

The first time you get beat...

The first time someone says NO to you...

The first time you face rejection...

The first time you face rejection in the public...

The first time you fail your exam...

The first time you fail your partner's pleasure...

Blah, blah, blah...

First of all, I just wanna say I'm not a psychologist, scientist, or any research expert.

I'm not going to bring out some studies to back up what I say, especially NOW I feel shitty just because...

I get my first rejection/critism/not-really-suitable/not-that-great-comment about my profession.

I forgot the exact words of it and I REFUSE to go back to find back the email threads to relive the trauma of receiving a negative comment.

I know, I know, everyone gets it, blah blah blah.

This is my space. So, I'm just gonna rant here. Don't like it? 

Same instruction as above: just click the 'Exit' symbol there on the most right side of this tab and bye!

I find out something about why the "First-Time" is so scary than your ex appears at your Halloween party after all...

1. People are never prepared (even everyone around them prepares them).

Not some new stuff... but now I think back, even if how much someone told you that, 

You need to have failed only to get to success; 

You have to suck before you get great; 

You have to suffer and sacrifice before you succeed and shout "I'M THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!'

No matter what kind of experienced expert, your friends or your family say to you to "prepare" you for the situation, the simple fact is:

You are never prepared!

Only by YOU experiencing something yourself, then only you feel ALL the things people told you so.

Even with a "prepared" mind, you just can't escape that dreaded feeling that everyone has warned you about:

"You are a loser"

"You are a nobody" 

"You are not worthy"

Those emotions are real. Those feelings are there. 

We can't escape. And we also can't ignore. 

All we can do is face them upfront because that is the reality.

This brings me to the second point...

2. Expectation is the WORST.

Often, people tell you this, tell you that... They help you to wrap your mind around this "reality" of failure. 

But, everyone forgets one thing:

NO ONE THINKS ALIKE.

Even if 2 people experience exactly the same scenario, they will not think the same, react the same, and feel the same.

Hence, the universe will create a different "reality" that only suits them based on their behavioral reactions. 

So, expectation is the worst, just like how one's experience in using online dating sites will end up differently from others.

One expects to find a soul mate on the dating app but ends up getting lied to and played.

One expects to know new friends only on the dating app but ends up having a husband.

What can we say? Life is unfair meant to live, not expect.

3. It is only scary if it's negative.

Here's a basic (basic!) truth about humans:

*We are fragile. 

*not a spoiler

Like, hella fragile... even more fragile than after an iPhone 14 got smacked by a hammer...

Okay... THAT is a bad example.

(Wait! Is it iPhone or Samsung that is smark-proof?... okay never mind it)

My point is...

Now I think about why I feel so shitty about that negative comment I received about my work is that...

I forgot how great I am!!!

I forgot to go to my Google Drive and read those amazing comments I got throughout my writing life:

*Spoiler alert: My writing life is only merely 1 year plus, max 2 years for writing during university. So, it's not like that's my ENTIRE writing life.*

"We like your writing as it is very natural and makes people feel like they wanna read more."

"Your writing style is captivating and engaging! Definitely labels you as a copywriter!"

"You should write your own book/novel."

Fine, I gotta admit...

My writing is not consistently good. But, I think with consistent writing, it helps to get my brain sharpened and I believe my writing skill will eventually get better, and NOT easily swayed by -ve comments.

Because, to be honest, the positive comments I received above are all given when I was writing consistently - either a blog post or a social media post...

And I received that negative comment when I was not writing a single piece of work for myself... 

I only write for clients who pay me...

But not for myself anymore...

Which speaks to a big problem, especially for someone like me who initially LOVES writing when it is not done for money.

Now, I really need to find a balance between these both...

So, I guess the takeaway of this post is...

Every month is Halloween. Make your first-time experience forgotten as that first-time is long gone when you practice constantly.

Mwa HA HA HA HA 

Okbye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bro stand up la!

I have been working out lately everyday since my life has bored me during this MCO period. When I started at first, for sure it was hard and difficult to push the limit since it has been awhile that I exercise, not counting my swimming routine back then. Actually, I hate any exercise on land, because I hate sweating! The stickiness of your body and unstoppable sweating flowing out of your body was just irritating for me! If every sweat droplet I discharge can kick one virus out of one´s body, this world will be at peace now and people will be back to working and focus back on our politic drama.           After going through the first few days, I could tell you some crazy things happening to me. Now I LOVE EXERCISE. I know, fucking crazy right. Now my body craves for working out. It craves for letting all those toxins, sweats and tears out of my unhealthy body. If my muscle and bones did not protest for my craziness, I guess, it has been fucking out on the floor every hour or so

What's scarier than you do the same thing over and over but you are still doing it

  If you are born and raised from an Asian family, I am sure that 99.8% of you had been forced to attend some sorts of extra classes or advancement courses to “improve” ourselves while we were young (0.02% were probably crying their eyeballs out to get their getaway card). There is a Malay saying: “ Melentur buluh biarlah dari rebungnya .”, which means that learning in a tender younger age is the best way to cultivate and nourish skills! It’s especially applicable for Asian’s KIASU personality or more specifically Chinese people???           I was definitely not excluded. I was sent to swimming lesson for my mom stating that drowning was very possible in this world covered of around 71% water. Hence, my mom sent every one of us siblings to learn swimming in a very early ages. Other than that, art class and taekwondo class since I was in primary school were attended too.           Truthfully, I am not here to complain  or being ungrateful. I actually enjoyed every moment that I had

Dory can be a great storyteller. (Sacrifice needed)

Telling a story is not that easy. From character, scene, plot, and built-up to climax, everything has to be told enough. Not too many. Not too less. Especially a story that forms an image in listeners' minds. That's why yesterday I was shocked that Me and my friend can have some conversation from having the Justin Bieber concert canceled in Malaysia until the point that I'm a bitch. Seriously now when I thought back on how the conversation flowed, I am amazed that I didn't record it or mentally jot down how to transition from one story to another story. Even if it's not a well-thought-out story, and it's just some random chitchat and gossip, I wonder how this kind of "spin-here-spin-there skill" can really be put into my storytelling skill. Fascinating, indeed... So, according to m very limited memory, this is how it went down... maybe... ~ JB concert has been postponed/most-probably-canceled ~ My friend shared her free and first concert which brings o