Skip to main content

Random Shit: Leave off Void, Live on WOW

 

Today, 14/11/2020, when I’m literally writing this, I received 6 packages delivered to my doorstep – or rather gate step. 6 PACKAGES!!! TOTALLY SIX DELIVERYS CAME INTO MY HOME! Oh god! I have no idea how this 11.11 sales has got into my mom’s shopping carts that my front step is literally bombarded by the horns non-stop with my neighbors coming out to take a glance.

          This year the ecommerce market has definitely gone wild and crazy. The revenues for every platform like Lazada, Shopee, Taobao etc must be laughing some way that they earned a whole lot of money from this 11.11 festive alone.

          Okay. I got that we all have this lipstick effect or revengeful shopping spree going on now. Everyone who plans to go on vacations or holidays overseas is doomed to stay at their hometown since COVID19 messes our schedules up. So why not buy something to “compensate” myself for not being able to eat my Korean authentic kimchi or visit the Spring festival in Japan or watch my favorite sports live in Beijing?

          Buying something for ourselves or a gift for your loved ones is totally fine. But the intention behind it has to be thought through. Do you buy it because you want to really have it and use it or is it just some “jump-into-the-trend thing”?

          Shopping can be very therapeutic at first; but eventually it can be this addictive drug to get you catch on so that you are left with empty and void feeling inside your heart. People’s ego and crave of materials to fulfill the temporary lostness and meaningless in these days, are ruining us slowly without our conscious.

          There is this paradox of hedonism that our pleasures could be satisfied with more and more and more. More food, more money, more gifts, more discounts, more love, more sexes, more everything! We thought that having more option in our life could actually lead to more happiness.

          It’s fucking bullshit, man. In this time of days, you should have known better that our values, our knowledges, our morals and our personalities are so much important than some vain material that determine how you feel inside there. Don’t let the Internet fool you by those picture that shows off their money, those videos that shows off their latest sneakers, or those statements that just simply says: YOU ARE A LOSER IF YOU DON’T HAVE WHAT I HAVE!

          That’s just rather shallow and just punish yourself in a very unhealthy way.

          What everyone should have in their life is the ‘Wow’ moment. The ‘Wow’ is not meant when you Wowed when you get extra pocket money from your parents; neither the moment when you Wowed when you found out you got such a cheaper price buying online than in physical store. I’m saying those ‘Wow’ moments that you get when you achieve little small things in life.

Have some 'Weird-Out Woo' for ourselves

          I used to ‘Wow’ when I managed to hit the high tunes while singing in the shower.

          I used to ‘Wow’ when I managed to eat faster than my little sister.

          I used to ‘Wow’ when I saw the couples in the romantic novel finally got together after so much drama (I still Wow nowadays, haha)

          I used to ‘Wow’ when I managed to draw a ‘masterpiece’ of my friend’s portrait.

          I used to ‘Wow’ for a lot of stupid moments that I enjoy by myself. I think it is really time to get back to myself who used to appreciate little things happen onto me and not take things easily for granted.

          During this 11.11 sales, I bought something to reward myself. Before you go off to say I am such a hypocrite, hear me out. I bought a pair of sportswear for myself. Being such a “workoutholic” recently, getting that slim body and sexy ass is my dream and goal. But in the process of exercising, I found out something miracle happening.

          Yeah, it’s what you think, haha. I really enjoy my workout session now. I actually look forward my evening workout time right now. It’s sweaty and smelly for sure, but I really like spending my alone time with my body and trying all those impossible moves yet able to finally do it after few attempts. That small achievements mean the world for me. I know I sound like I am exaggerating but this is really how I feel when I finish my workout every single fucking time.

          I think I am going to start to remember this feeling more and try to apply them to the rest of my life. After all, this is my life that I want to enjoy. And it’s the REAL enjoyment and the satisfaction that tickles my heart little bit. That little bit means a hell lot to me :D

          Here comes a random shit I pull:

Boring is a bless. Routine is a bliss. Oxygen is a blast.

(I made that last one up so it sounds like it rhymes and the first letter of every sentence sounds like who I act like most of the time.)

          Okay bye. Time to have some ‘Wow’ moment indulging my mom’s cheesecake 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bro stand up la!

I have been working out lately everyday since my life has bored me during this MCO period. When I started at first, for sure it was hard and difficult to push the limit since it has been awhile that I exercise, not counting my swimming routine back then. Actually, I hate any exercise on land, because I hate sweating! The stickiness of your body and unstoppable sweating flowing out of your body was just irritating for me! If every sweat droplet I discharge can kick one virus out of one´s body, this world will be at peace now and people will be back to working and focus back on our politic drama.           After going through the first few days, I could tell you some crazy things happening to me. Now I LOVE EXERCISE. I know, fucking crazy right. Now my body craves for working out. It craves for letting all those toxins, sweats and tears out of my unhealthy body. If my muscle and bones did not protest for my craziness, I guess, it has been fucking out on the floor every hour or so

What's scarier than you do the same thing over and over but you are still doing it

  If you are born and raised from an Asian family, I am sure that 99.8% of you had been forced to attend some sorts of extra classes or advancement courses to “improve” ourselves while we were young (0.02% were probably crying their eyeballs out to get their getaway card). There is a Malay saying: “ Melentur buluh biarlah dari rebungnya .”, which means that learning in a tender younger age is the best way to cultivate and nourish skills! It’s especially applicable for Asian’s KIASU personality or more specifically Chinese people???           I was definitely not excluded. I was sent to swimming lesson for my mom stating that drowning was very possible in this world covered of around 71% water. Hence, my mom sent every one of us siblings to learn swimming in a very early ages. Other than that, art class and taekwondo class since I was in primary school were attended too.           Truthfully, I am not here to complain  or being ungrateful. I actually enjoyed every moment that I had

Dory can be a great storyteller. (Sacrifice needed)

Telling a story is not that easy. From character, scene, plot, and built-up to climax, everything has to be told enough. Not too many. Not too less. Especially a story that forms an image in listeners' minds. That's why yesterday I was shocked that Me and my friend can have some conversation from having the Justin Bieber concert canceled in Malaysia until the point that I'm a bitch. Seriously now when I thought back on how the conversation flowed, I am amazed that I didn't record it or mentally jot down how to transition from one story to another story. Even if it's not a well-thought-out story, and it's just some random chitchat and gossip, I wonder how this kind of "spin-here-spin-there skill" can really be put into my storytelling skill. Fascinating, indeed... So, according to m very limited memory, this is how it went down... maybe... ~ JB concert has been postponed/most-probably-canceled ~ My friend shared her free and first concert which brings o