Skip to main content

Do you get the right Google?

 

I have been following MarkManson’s articles for quite awhile that his post for every Monday is a downright inspirational wake-up call. Not the normal read-it-and-forget inspiration. It’s the kick-your-ass inspiration. You might think I am exaggerating but he can discuss something as simple as philosophy but comes out to be a remarkable discover that yet to be talked widely about even though the answer is obviously there. On. The. Table. 

          It lets me think about how people nowadays consume the same information, same news, yet could give out different opinions viewing the same issue.

          Let’s talk about the most current nerve-wrecking hot topic – COVID19. Could you imagine seeing how real this pandemic is, there are still people in this world not believing this is a REAL STUFF adversely affecting the entire populations. People are still going out and have fun without thinking the consequences by not practicing physical distancing and wearing protection. No matter how many fucking million times the government advocates to put on the god darn mask, people can be still seen goofing around in crowded places without giving a darn to this lethal pandemic virus. (Seriously la, if you want to god darn die, don’t drag other people to suffer because of you, duh. Definitely not saying you, the reader. If you are wise enough to read my blog, you are definitely not 100% also got 91.9% good-citizen quality in there for you πŸ˜‰).

          Okay, back to the topic. So, awareness is so easy to raise but yet is it  that everyone will believe into the awareness and take action upon it? Highly doubting it, since you can see there are still police going around to catch the breaker of rules.

DO YOU GET THE RIGHT KNOWLEDGE? 

          Our education has been so far a "spoon-feeding system". It made us to stop questioning and use our critical-thinking brain. Living in a technology booming era, it does not make us more educated but more biased into our own ideology. Google lets everyone to have a chance to know everything; yet it lets us to have the chance to drive more deeply into our own thoughts and our beliefs.


Why would I say so? 

          Placebo effect vs Nocebo effect. Placebo effect defines: the beneficial effect by a drug/treatment is because of the patient’s belief in that treatment itself rather than the real effect of the drug. Otherwise, nocebo effect means: the treatment will be negative if the patient has a negative expectation of it, even though the drug actually is effective use. 

          Recognizing these effects positively or negatively shows us how important our mind works. Don’t underestimate what your brain can do or tell even in a split second. It tends to happen without your conscious aware of. When one truly believes what he/she holds true of, it is very super hard for people around to say anything to change them. I have tried before, and it never ends up well.

          What we all can do is by believing the facts. The evidences presented can be biased too, you would say. But you should know that this fact is presented by everyone finding out the data, statistics and evidences to prove it. Trust that fact. However, what you are going to do with that fact is all on your choice. Does that make you less knowledgeable or not? Or does it actually open up your mind a little bit and let you have more different side of logical and critical thoughts? Your Google is on your hand. Utilize it wise and right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YES Pain YES Gain

‘No Pain, No Gain’ has been a rather common heard idiom that someone will say while encouraging others to be more open to challenges and try new things so that more opportunities and experiences can be gained. This is ME  from The Greatest Showman           I have always been so open to new experiences that my life motto is “LAI!” to every challenge or rants my friends threw at me. “Lai” means ‘come on’ in Cantonese. Like, how I sometimes call out my poop in the toilet. The irrational and reckless Vivian will not consider the consequences and say YES to every fcuking dare people threw at me. This can lead to some really terrible consequences. Yet, I never did learn my lesson. Because of something I hold dear to, NO REGRET!           I led a really adrenaline-rushing year in 2019, because that year the rebellious, egoistic, careless monster was controlling my whole body and so...

What I learn from the Unpleasant Business in Toilet 🚽

I can't believe going to toilet doing my business will lead me creating this post:          Yesterday at 2pm, I got hangry (hungry + angry) since I hadn’t eaten anything since morning. So I ordered my first meal of that day - Mcd nasi lemak ayam goreng spicy . Frankly speaking, it tastes fantastically delicious. I enjoyed and savored every last bit of that nasi lemak. However, here comes to the burning point .            Recently, my body has transformed from a bad bitch to a good girl. My body couldn’t withstand anything more than moderate-level spiciness compared to my glamorous university time where I killed every eating-spicy-food challenge thrown upon me. I even managed to conquer the Ghost Pepper Instant Noodle without drinking in between. But now, haha.          Since COVID-19, it means one thing: m ore time at home = healthier food . Since mummy in the house, t...

"Mess" pot of Laksa

  Living in this multiracial and “muliti-flavourful” country, we – Malays, Indians, Chinese, Bumiputeras etc., are literally this big – super huge - pot of mixed Laksa. Yes, you hear it right. A hot delicious ‘messy’ pot of Laksa. Do you know there are 5 basic variants of Laksa, based on Wikipedia and 12 different types of them in Malaysia? This really surprises me when I always just eat one kind in Ipoh. Not the most presentable, but taste like a miracle             Don’t worry. I am definitely not a food connoisseur, so I am not here to talk about my food trip or my vlog. I come across thinking it, because I feel like we are living in this messy pot of Laksa.             I don’t know what the heck I want to write. I had my writing block that   I literally struggle myself in writing this exact post during these few days . I made a mess from juggling my job sea...