Skip to main content

Do you get the right Google?

 

I have been following MarkManson’s articles for quite awhile that his post for every Monday is a downright inspirational wake-up call. Not the normal read-it-and-forget inspiration. It’s the kick-your-ass inspiration. You might think I am exaggerating but he can discuss something as simple as philosophy but comes out to be a remarkable discover that yet to be talked widely about even though the answer is obviously there. On. The. Table. 

          It lets me think about how people nowadays consume the same information, same news, yet could give out different opinions viewing the same issue.

          Let’s talk about the most current nerve-wrecking hot topic – COVID19. Could you imagine seeing how real this pandemic is, there are still people in this world not believing this is a REAL STUFF adversely affecting the entire populations. People are still going out and have fun without thinking the consequences by not practicing physical distancing and wearing protection. No matter how many fucking million times the government advocates to put on the god darn mask, people can be still seen goofing around in crowded places without giving a darn to this lethal pandemic virus. (Seriously la, if you want to god darn die, don’t drag other people to suffer because of you, duh. Definitely not saying you, the reader. If you are wise enough to read my blog, you are definitely not 100% also got 91.9% good-citizen quality in there for you 😉).

          Okay, back to the topic. So, awareness is so easy to raise but yet is it  that everyone will believe into the awareness and take action upon it? Highly doubting it, since you can see there are still police going around to catch the breaker of rules.

DO YOU GET THE RIGHT KNOWLEDGE? 

          Our education has been so far a "spoon-feeding system". It made us to stop questioning and use our critical-thinking brain. Living in a technology booming era, it does not make us more educated but more biased into our own ideology. Google lets everyone to have a chance to know everything; yet it lets us to have the chance to drive more deeply into our own thoughts and our beliefs.


Why would I say so? 

          Placebo effect vs Nocebo effect. Placebo effect defines: the beneficial effect by a drug/treatment is because of the patient’s belief in that treatment itself rather than the real effect of the drug. Otherwise, nocebo effect means: the treatment will be negative if the patient has a negative expectation of it, even though the drug actually is effective use. 

          Recognizing these effects positively or negatively shows us how important our mind works. Don’t underestimate what your brain can do or tell even in a split second. It tends to happen without your conscious aware of. When one truly believes what he/she holds true of, it is very super hard for people around to say anything to change them. I have tried before, and it never ends up well.

          What we all can do is by believing the facts. The evidences presented can be biased too, you would say. But you should know that this fact is presented by everyone finding out the data, statistics and evidences to prove it. Trust that fact. However, what you are going to do with that fact is all on your choice. Does that make you less knowledgeable or not? Or does it actually open up your mind a little bit and let you have more different side of logical and critical thoughts? Your Google is on your hand. Utilize it wise and right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bro stand up la!

I have been working out lately everyday since my life has bored me during this MCO period. When I started at first, for sure it was hard and difficult to push the limit since it has been awhile that I exercise, not counting my swimming routine back then. Actually, I hate any exercise on land, because I hate sweating! The stickiness of your body and unstoppable sweating flowing out of your body was just irritating for me! If every sweat droplet I discharge can kick one virus out of one´s body, this world will be at peace now and people will be back to working and focus back on our politic drama.           After going through the first few days, I could tell you some crazy things happening to me. Now I LOVE EXERCISE. I know, fucking crazy right. Now my body craves for working out. It craves for letting all those toxins, sweats and tears out of my unhealthy body. If my muscle and bones did not protest for my craziness, I guess, it has been fucking out on the floor every hour or so

What's scarier than you do the same thing over and over but you are still doing it

  If you are born and raised from an Asian family, I am sure that 99.8% of you had been forced to attend some sorts of extra classes or advancement courses to “improve” ourselves while we were young (0.02% were probably crying their eyeballs out to get their getaway card). There is a Malay saying: “ Melentur buluh biarlah dari rebungnya .”, which means that learning in a tender younger age is the best way to cultivate and nourish skills! It’s especially applicable for Asian’s KIASU personality or more specifically Chinese people???           I was definitely not excluded. I was sent to swimming lesson for my mom stating that drowning was very possible in this world covered of around 71% water. Hence, my mom sent every one of us siblings to learn swimming in a very early ages. Other than that, art class and taekwondo class since I was in primary school were attended too.           Truthfully, I am not here to complain  or being ungrateful. I actually enjoyed every moment that I had

Dory can be a great storyteller. (Sacrifice needed)

Telling a story is not that easy. From character, scene, plot, and built-up to climax, everything has to be told enough. Not too many. Not too less. Especially a story that forms an image in listeners' minds. That's why yesterday I was shocked that Me and my friend can have some conversation from having the Justin Bieber concert canceled in Malaysia until the point that I'm a bitch. Seriously now when I thought back on how the conversation flowed, I am amazed that I didn't record it or mentally jot down how to transition from one story to another story. Even if it's not a well-thought-out story, and it's just some random chitchat and gossip, I wonder how this kind of "spin-here-spin-there skill" can really be put into my storytelling skill. Fascinating, indeed... So, according to m very limited memory, this is how it went down... maybe... ~ JB concert has been postponed/most-probably-canceled ~ My friend shared her free and first concert which brings o