Skip to main content

Not everything is INSTANT Noodle


To me, patience was seriously my kryptonite. I had zero tolerance about waiting anything or anyone. I just had that indescribable rage coming out when someone was late for meetings or hangouts without telling the reason in advance. I was horrible at being patient back then. 

        But kids taught me otherwise. When I joined a club in university that required me to teach the secondary students about entrepreneurship, it was downright challenging my tolerance level and my patience-drawn-out-line. Kids were horrible in listening instruction. They were so uncontrollable that it drove me crazy and insane.

        When I was starting to lose it and decided to turn to my friends for help, I could see how different my friends approached them with care and gentle that I definitely lacked of. The students were able to understand my friends and had great connections with them. That was the point that I knew I got to do something. I was not here for myself but helping them.

        After a few attempts for me to slowly learn their behaviors and actions, it was not that hard after all. All I needed was patience and sincerity towards them. After all, they are all human beings and they could feel my humble and understanding approaches. Not losing hope and faith and keep trying are the key.


Have you heard about “temporal discounting” before? In economics, it means to discount the rewards as they approach a temporal horizon in the future or the past. In a layman term, it means you would rather receive the good in present than in the future. This is applicable for the money currency, stock values or the property purchases, as in the future it might get difficult to get the same value of those than it is right now.

        However, there are some other major parts of our lives that do not instantly reflect the results and we cannot have them unless we wait patiently. Patience is the way to live and the only one that makes people desperate and out of their right mind. We live in a very fast-paced and rapid technology world that sometimes we forgot not all the things comes out as quick as the instant noodle.

Taste nice but what is the long term effects???

        The outcome from the present is not always as great as the future. The short-term result is so tempting that most of the people get caught on but forgot that it could threaten the long-term results. As I mentioned in my previous post, habits are built so that we could reach our final goal. Constant steps are daunting as it requires hard work and non-wavering determination. Last of all, it requires the patience and long-waiting as nothing comes easy like a flick of a finger. No one is born straight out as amazing as Michelle Yeoh or as strong as Dato Lee Chong Wei. Every success comes with a price and that price is willingly to be waited out.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YES Pain YES Gain

‘No Pain, No Gain’ has been a rather common heard idiom that someone will say while encouraging others to be more open to challenges and try new things so that more opportunities and experiences can be gained. This is ME  from The Greatest Showman           I have always been so open to new experiences that my life motto is “LAI!” to every challenge or rants my friends threw at me. “Lai” means ‘come on’ in Cantonese. Like, how I sometimes call out my poop in the toilet. The irrational and reckless Vivian will not consider the consequences and say YES to every fcuking dare people threw at me. This can lead to some really terrible consequences. Yet, I never did learn my lesson. Because of something I hold dear to, NO REGRET!           I led a really adrenaline-rushing year in 2019, because that year the rebellious, egoistic, careless monster was controlling my whole body and so...

Introvert?Extrovert?Ambivert?Whatever you like laaa

Introvert or extrovert ? This might be the question that you get asked a lot in some days. I used to answer confidently that I AM EXTROVERT! I am somewhat that crazy bitch , loving the attention people given to me and not embarrassed being the quirky among the gang. But I don’t know why. If you ask me right now, I might say I actually am an Introvert. You must be wondering: Vivian, you must be fucking kidding me. If you are introvert, then no one in this world is a freaking human! I kid you not. I love to be active when there are people around me. We have fun. We have joy. We have shit. That’s like life. Just life. It is probably during the COVID-19 period , I somehow become introvert after getting ‘locked’ inside the dormitory in my university. I think there must be A LOT of people out there, agreeing me. Everyone looking at his must be nodding their head and say, “YOU ARE GODDARN RIGHT, BRUH!”. But fret you not, that is okay. Truth to say I think everyone has different side of ...

What I learn from the Unpleasant Business in Toilet 🚽

I can't believe going to toilet doing my business will lead me creating this post:          Yesterday at 2pm, I got hangry (hungry + angry) since I hadn’t eaten anything since morning. So I ordered my first meal of that day - Mcd nasi lemak ayam goreng spicy . Frankly speaking, it tastes fantastically delicious. I enjoyed and savored every last bit of that nasi lemak. However, here comes to the burning point .            Recently, my body has transformed from a bad bitch to a good girl. My body couldn’t withstand anything more than moderate-level spiciness compared to my glamorous university time where I killed every eating-spicy-food challenge thrown upon me. I even managed to conquer the Ghost Pepper Instant Noodle without drinking in between. But now, haha.          Since COVID-19, it means one thing: m ore time at home = healthier food . Since mummy in the house, t...