Skip to main content

December: Gratitude & Love

December: that time of the year to reflect yourself. This might sound too overrated but never it is when it comes to gratitude and loving yourself and the people around you.

            I still remember back when I was still at school (now, I am almost out of university), December is the most anticipated month because it’s holiday! It means more time to play, do useless stuff just to waste time. Ahhhh, those are good ol' days. Plus, just fooling around in the house with literally nothing -okay, maybe some used papers, blunt pencils, or faded coloring-  is enough to satisfy the mini-Vivian. I still recalled I used to make all those origamis in star-shaped, animals, and weird out-of-the-world patterns.

            Around this time of the year, in 2020, with smartphones, tablets and video consoles at hands, those good ol' times just seem to be put away in the memories of museum. Generations nowadays always say they are “busy” and have their hands too full (literally with phones!) to spend quality time with each other – with flesh human beings. When your family member want to have a nice chat with you, there is always one pocket away from the phone to make as a distraction.

            2020, indeed is the year we wish the future generation never gets to experience again. 2020 leaves us with the feel of sorrow, despair, pain and devastation. So, this time of the year only shows how much more important to be grateful and thankful for things around us.

With the advancement of technology, face-to-face interaction is getting darn precious. We will have this little awkward moment when we meet back our long-seen friends or rarely contacted companions. Plus, people are born with a HUGE ego and face to ‘jaga’. We are so stubborn and hard-headed to say out the thanks. It’s always not the strangers that we don’t thank. It’s always the ones that we take for granted, especially the loved one surrounding us. They are always just there for us, no need to say thank you. – that’s what we horrible human-being always think!

It is not easy to express the gratitude, especially if you are brought up in an environment of taking thing as it is without ever thought of the possibility of losing them ever in your life.

 But please try. Try to do it even in small ways. We are all not born of flowing out smooth words from our mouth. We are not born with walking, running, jumping and flying-from-sofa with ease and speed. It takes multiples and multiples of practices.

Practice makes progress. Bit by bit. Express gratitude in your own way. Writing, drawing, acting, gifting, singing, dancing or just a simple hug will do. 

HERE I CHALLENGE YOU!

I find out this 30-day gratitude challenge. You might be thinking why you have to do that if you already always say thanks for things around you. Then good for you. If you think you are really that grateful for your life and really does not do any wrong ever in your life to anyone, then you can pass on that. If not, you can try it.

Of course, no one says posting it publicly only makes things “happening”. You can do it on your own pace, in your own account. Just look at the calendar below and see how much you miss remembering on these great things in your lives and take them for granted without realization.


    Slowly recalling back all those memories, parts and events, those are the things creating who you become now. Practice it everyday, even after December. Keep those in mind. Everyone knows there are more misfortunes and poorer people in the Earth, yet keep forgetting and blaming life could be much better if we have this or that. So, start practicing that grateful thing in your mind and remember you won't be miserable just because you say "Thank you." to your life, loved ones, arch-nemesis or strangers. Deep down, I can guarantee you will feel much better.   

    Before you leave this post with much stuff to be thankful for, I want to seriously thank you for reading my blog posts even until this extent. It might be not much people reading my blog, but I know somewhere in some time, my future-Vivian will read this and be so happy for it. I am a person in love with abundant words and tremendous expressions. Writing has always been my thing. I know I will keep on doing it, because I do it for myself and not anyone. My self-love sure thanks me a lot for that. HAHA. Ciao.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bro stand up la!

I have been working out lately everyday since my life has bored me during this MCO period. When I started at first, for sure it was hard and difficult to push the limit since it has been awhile that I exercise, not counting my swimming routine back then. Actually, I hate any exercise on land, because I hate sweating! The stickiness of your body and unstoppable sweating flowing out of your body was just irritating for me! If every sweat droplet I discharge can kick one virus out of one´s body, this world will be at peace now and people will be back to working and focus back on our politic drama.           After going through the first few days, I could tell you some crazy things happening to me. Now I LOVE EXERCISE. I know, fucking crazy right. Now my body craves for working out. It craves for letting all those toxins, sweats and tears out of my unhealthy body. If my muscle and bones did not protest for my craziness, I guess, it has been fucking out on the floor every hour or so

What's scarier than you do the same thing over and over but you are still doing it

  If you are born and raised from an Asian family, I am sure that 99.8% of you had been forced to attend some sorts of extra classes or advancement courses to “improve” ourselves while we were young (0.02% were probably crying their eyeballs out to get their getaway card). There is a Malay saying: “ Melentur buluh biarlah dari rebungnya .”, which means that learning in a tender younger age is the best way to cultivate and nourish skills! It’s especially applicable for Asian’s KIASU personality or more specifically Chinese people???           I was definitely not excluded. I was sent to swimming lesson for my mom stating that drowning was very possible in this world covered of around 71% water. Hence, my mom sent every one of us siblings to learn swimming in a very early ages. Other than that, art class and taekwondo class since I was in primary school were attended too.           Truthfully, I am not here to complain  or being ungrateful. I actually enjoyed every moment that I had

Dory can be a great storyteller. (Sacrifice needed)

Telling a story is not that easy. From character, scene, plot, and built-up to climax, everything has to be told enough. Not too many. Not too less. Especially a story that forms an image in listeners' minds. That's why yesterday I was shocked that Me and my friend can have some conversation from having the Justin Bieber concert canceled in Malaysia until the point that I'm a bitch. Seriously now when I thought back on how the conversation flowed, I am amazed that I didn't record it or mentally jot down how to transition from one story to another story. Even if it's not a well-thought-out story, and it's just some random chitchat and gossip, I wonder how this kind of "spin-here-spin-there skill" can really be put into my storytelling skill. Fascinating, indeed... So, according to m very limited memory, this is how it went down... maybe... ~ JB concert has been postponed/most-probably-canceled ~ My friend shared her free and first concert which brings o